Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Follow the Bouncing Ball

Blah, blah, I'm the world's worst blogger, insincere apology, false promises, la, la, la. Great, now that that stuff's out of the way, let's look at some terrible videos.

Animation is one of those spooky, mystical things that's always amazed me. Throughout most of my life, I've lived with the assumption that drawing moving pictures was that sort of thing that either required the sale of one's soul/first born/voice to the devil/mafia/Sea Witch, or involved direct exposure to a high volume of luminescent radioactive material. I had heard tales of ordinary mortals acquiring the power to draw a set of sequential images, but I never thought it would happen to me.

I'm now three weeks into an animation course and I've learned that animating is actually quite easy. Animating anything that isn't completely awful, on the other hand, would cost me the ability to play Hey You, Pikachu! And I love Hey You, Pikachu!*

So I'm a lousy animator for now. At the same time, being able to make stuff move around on a screen is pretty neat. Here's some garbage I threw together over the last week:







* Hey You, Pikachu! requires possession of a soul. It might also be a good idea to have a young child around if you're the sort of person who feels funny about yelling at a Nintendo 64 controller.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

a jorb well done.
-sister jack

Anonymous said...

So that's what all that money is going for... actually, I was quite impressed!
Mom

Anonymous said...

Neat-o, bro.