Wednesday, June 3, 2009

What Am I Blogging For?

It's a question that's been on my mind. How much longer will I keep doing this? I don't know. For now, I'm blogging because of goal I've given myself with the Blog-Off!, which concludes in less than a month. On thing I've always said about blog challenges is that I like being motivated to write something, anything, every single day, but lately I've found that rather than necessarily improving my writing abilities, it's made me far more sloppy. Perhaps there will be a net-positive effect from this in the future, but for now, I'm disappointed in the bad habits that have become the norm in my writing. The meandering sloppiness is probably indicative of more things in my life, but I still don't feel like, at this moment, anyway, daily writing is helping me much. I won't say that I'm a great writer, but I'm better than what you see here.

Just something that's on my mind. I'll be finishing up the challenge (in first place, no less), and I doubt I'll enter full bloggy retirement after that - I may even do another blog contest someday - but I feel like I need to reconcile my relationship with writing. We'll see where this train of thought goes.

No comments: