Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Wowee.

Thanks to a few connections I may be getting Super Smash Bros. Brawl tomorrow, and I am excited. It looks great all around - except for the voice-acting. For reasons I can't explain, video games never get voice-acting right. Brawl has been in development for close to two years and, as the successor to the GameCube's best selling game, most likely had an astronomical budget, yet we're still left with voices like this:



The funny thing is, these aren't especially bad for a video game. Would you like to hear the worst of the worst? I warn you, these aren't for the feint of heart. I'll give you a moment to remove your children from the room before I continue.

"No one can hire my feelings!" from Last Alert

"I'm hungry!" from Super Bust-A-Move 2

Hope I write before I get old from Disaster Report

"It's fashionate" from Firefighter F.D.18

"I like girls" from Castle Shikigami 2

"I will warm you up to your bones!" from Star Ocean: The Second Story

"As if a cat had just licked my heart" from Martian Gothic: Unification

And the worst of all...
Mega Man and Dr. Light talk about Dr. Wiley from Mega Man 8

You may argue that the problem has more to do with the writing, but I'll save that for another post.

All quotes from Audio Atrocities

No comments: