Wednesday, April 23, 2008

The Top 25 Quotes from Big Willie Style

25.
And to all the critics, jealous people, and back-stabbers
And my so-called friends who been nothin' but actors
You're way outta character
But now who's da bomb
It's Will from west Phil'
Just slightly transformed
Ya'll Know

24.
Player-haters been hatin' on my playin' fo' years
Now they seein' their worst fears as I bathe in cheers
Yes Yes Ya'll

23.
Been around the world an' I-I-I
Ain't seen another this fly-y-y
Yes Yes Ya'll

22.
The Fonz ain't seen my happy days
It's All Good

21.
Look at the pictures in the frames, yo
Why you playin' games, yo?
I Loved You

20.
But I will test that butt when you cut outta line
True dat
Ah, ah, ah, why you do dat?
Just the Two of Us

19.
I'm goin' to Miami
(Welcome to Miami)
Miami

18.
More karats than even Bugs could eat in a week
Chasing Forever

17.
Rhyme spillah, real thrillah an' it's real clear
Ya'll talkin' east an' west
I'm talkin' hemispheres
My papa raised no fool
So many zeros on my check it's like, "Ooooooo"
It's All Good

16.
So here's my own private nickname - "I'ma Call You"
Candy

15.
About to have an Oscar standin' next to my Grammiessssss
Plural, mucho
Yes Yes Ya'll

14.
Stepped away as Fresh Prince
Came back with my real name
A rose by any otha still beautifies the room
So don't get consumed wit' a brotha's nom de plume
It's symantics
Yes Yes Ya'll

13.
Thought birds of a feather were s'posed to fly together
(That's what they say, that's what they say)
Guess that don't apply to birds of your kind
'Cause you only wanted what you wanted like a vulture, yea
Came to steal my heart and then leave me to die
I Loved You

12.
While I'm on my cell wit' my broker gettin' stock tips
Find a magazine and I read the hottest gossip
Man, who'd'a thought my life would be such an interestin' topic
Well ya'll know how it is - wait, hold up, ya'll don't
Don't Say Nothin'

11.
My life be so good, so good
Gah-jigga-jigga jigga-jigga good
Things come to those who wait
But too late, my life's to great to wait
I wanna celebrate good times, come on
Lovin', livin', livin', lovin' it's all good
I'm lovin', livin', it's all good
It's All Good

10.
Excuse me, miss, can we chat for a second?
I'd ask how you doin' but you're fine, I reckon
Wait, do you have a man, 'cause I ain't in to home-wreckin'?
No? A'ight, cool, just checkin'
Candy

9.
Met Ali, he told me I'm the greatest
Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

8.
Monogamy is a monoga-must
Chasing Forever

7.
Norf Pole got my butt cold
Sittin' on top o' the world
It's All Good

6.
Don't be lookin' at my script
You can't play my part
See, I'm a rappa' dats a acto'
You act-rap wit no heart
Da way dat I compose dose flows like Mozart
It's somthin' like a symphony when I'm orchestratin' 'em
Ya'll Know

5.
So cash in yo' dough an' flow to this fashion show
Pound fo' pound anywhere ya go
Yo, ain't no city in da world like dis
An' if ya ask how I know I gots ta plead da fif'
Maimi

4.
Go ahead, adjust the balance and the bass in your speakers
Make sure my voice soundin' crisp in you tweeters
I'm about to show you how a man like me works
My shorty sure to get ice, five karats and nothin' cheaper
Than four o' five chromed-out former two-seaters
Fifty-inch Sony to watch Siskel and Ebert
'Cause I'm about to get two thumbs up,
Ten toes, one knee, an' pro'lly a couple o' elbows
'Cause, yo, I'm da man an' the whole world knows
Don't Say Nothin'

3.
It's a full-time job to be a good dad
You got so much more stuff than I had
I gotta study just to keep with the changin' times
A Hun'red-One Dalmatians on your CD-ROM
See me, I'm tryin' to pretend I know
On my PC where dat CD goes
But yo
Just the Two of Us

2.
I know the deal
I talked to Mary Jane
And she said your ex-boyfriends, Mike and Ike, was both Lemonheads
I ain't tryin' to player-hate, girl
I know that you go with Bazooka Joe
Now you know he don't love you like dat
He tryin' to get a Reese's Pieces an' a Kit Kat
Really, hon, what he need is a Jawbreaker
'Cause I'm the one that'll love ya, baby, Now 'n' Later
Be my Peppermint Pattie with a hundred wishes
An' I'll be your Hershey daddy with a hundred Kisses
Get the twins M&Ms
They booked us out a flight today
Me an' you can Starburst to the Milkyway
I don't care what it costs, girl, a Hundred Grand
We can Snicker all night at my Jolly Ranch
Just me an' you or call your friends up, too
'Cause I can get my boys Babe Ruth an' Charleston Chew
Candy

1.
ill-Way the an-ma on the ance-day oor-flay
Gettin' Jiggy Wit It

5 comments:

Jake said...

The title on this is a bit misleading. These aren't the top 25 Big Willie Style quotes. The truth is that this album is so filled with amazing lyrics that narrowing the list to twenty-five and fairly ranking every one of those would take at least a week. This is more like a list of the first twenty-five great quotes that came to mind.

Secondly, I set a few rules before picking these. Some of the best quotes on Big Willie Style come from the spoken-word song introductions ("My dad is a very spensitive subject") or the Keith B. Real skits ("How long do you think this, uh, Will Smith, uh, hypothermia is gonna last?" "Um, hypo - hypothermia?" "Yeah, yeah, yeah, look it up, don't, don't... man, do you guys read, wha's up?"). These were not eligible for inclusion on the list.

Finally, why Big Willie Style? It's an amazing album, but even the most casual of Will Smith fans know that many of the best quotes came before ("I asked for Adidas and she bought me Zips! I said, 'Mom, what are you doing? You're ruining my rep!'") and after ("Here comes another year. Everyone, it's Willenium!"). I went with Big Willie Style because it's the only album I own. If I tried to rank all of his raps there's no telling what treasures I might inadvertently skip.

Anonymous said...

you sure have a LOT of time on your hands

Jake said...

I make time for the esh-Fray ince-Pray.

Dave said...

I heard "Candy" again for the first time in a long time last summer. When I saw this list, I KNEW the candy-call-off verse would play prominently in here.

What an album.

Jake said...

Candy is truly an amazing song. If I wasn't keeping this blog family-friendly, I could probably make a list of 25 great quotes from that song alone.