Monday, June 30, 2008

End of Side A

This is the end, my only friend, of the end of the Hamburger Challenge, but not the end of JakeyPen. I will be taking some time, though, to sufficiently enjoy not eating my burger. I've enjoyed writing here daily, but it has made the whole thing a bit routine. The number of "I'm blogging be cause I have to, not because I want to" posts has increased lately, and that's not much fun for me. At the same time, the contest has encouraged me to write things I wouldn't have otherwise. So here's the plan: for the next month, no matter what happens, I will not be updating. I won't even open this site. What will you do 'til then? You could chase your tail. You could count your nose goblins. After that, I'll come back, but without any schedules or obligations. At some point, I will set another daily challenge for myself, so if anyone out there is interested in joining a future blogging contest, speak.

This concludes Season One of JakeyPen. M-I-C, see ya real soon, and thanks for reading.

Congratulations Dave+Lily, Marisa, Nicole, and Nora!

7 comments:

Nor said...

next contest, i'm in. as much of a pain in the ass it is to update every day, i like it when i win.

nicole. said...

i'm so in for the next contest, even if i don't remember enough of my days to properly blog about it enough to be interesting.

Dave said...

Nice work!

Anonymous said...

Jake,
I really have no reason to go on. Your BLOG got me through the day.
I will miss reading your clever and amusing stories.
Please reconsider.
Love,
A faithful reader

Anonymous said...

Dude, bro, some of us know nothing about your life unless you blog about it.

Keep on bloggin'!

Anonymous said...

Dude, son, we miss you so much and this is the only humor we have in our dull little lives. Don't abandon us!

C. Semp said...

A grand closing speech, sir! Thanks for competing in the contest, I'm working on giving the final tally/update right now. Count me in for a future contest if you organize one.