Monday, February 4, 2008

Dolly Parton Ain't Got Nothin' on Me

Remember that project I complained about a few days ago? I worked on it until about 2:00 this morning, went to bed, and went to school to work some more. I think I was at school from about 8:30 - 6:00, breaking only to go to class. I think this is pretty much the sort of school schedule I'll have from now on.


Ten-and-a-half hour days are really nothing new - I was doing way more than that even in high school - but I had hoped to get finish my work early today. Check out what I could have been doing:


Seattle has a pretty amazing live music scene, so I'm sure it won't be long until something else comes along, but that would've been an awesome show.

On the subject of that assignment, though, I think I might like this computery stuff, after all. I mean, to be perfectly honest, I spent the entire weekend strangling my monitor and threatening the Microsoft Visual Studio compiler, but actually finishing and submitting my work gave me genuine a sense of accomplishment and relief. It felt nice. I tried to share my joy by demanding that the other people working in the lab "kneel before me and praise me as your lord, you filthy swine, for I have completed works of such magnificence that your god could but look upon them and hang his head in shame," but I guess DigiPen students have some difficulty with empathy.

No comments: