Saturday, February 16, 2008

I Confess, I Admit, I'm Impressed

Have you heard of Johnny Chung Lee? Dude's a straight-up genius, for real.

I was talking to the mom about SMART Boards today. Some quick research shows that a SMART board would probably set you back about 9,000 to 17,000 big ones. Seems like kind of a waste since you can make the same thing with a projector (they start in the $100-$200 price range on eBay) and a Wii remote (about $40).



Certainly cool, but I'm far more excited about the possibility of something like this:



When the Wii was first announced, I wondered how long it would be before a home version of Police 911 would be released.
Police 911 is an unremarkable shooting game aside from one key gimmick - it tracks your position. So, for example, if you duck, your view of the game shifts to match your perspective. Sway to side and you hide behind a wall. There's also a boxing game that uses the same technology. Even generic games can become fun when you're jumping around like an idiot. I can't wait to play some games that use head-tracking, or, better yet, to make them.

By the way, if I might digress for a moment - WiiFit? It's going to be freakin' massive.


We'll talk a little more about this another time

Check out Johnny Lee's other projects.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i HOPE ONE DAY YOU USE ALL OF THIS TECHNOLOGY TO CREATE SOMETHING AMAZING!

Jake said...

Yeah, that'd be nice, huh?